NCLA Application Process
NCLA held an Information session on October 6th, 2016 from 5pm-6pm at Greene County Middle School in Snow Hill.
Admission applications were due to the NC State University Graduate School on November 4, 2016.
In addition to the online application, NCLA held a mandatory Candidate Assessment Day on November 12, 2016.
Admission decisions were made in early December. Students began the degree program in January 2017.
Applicants also completed the residency form as part of the regular NCSU graduate school application.
To learn about the selection process, please read the steps below.
NCLA Application Steps
1. Applicants completed the NC State University graduate school application, background screening, and reference check. Click here for the NC State Graduate School Online Application. Applicants completed the NCLA Admission Packet and submited the TIP Leadership Academy Background Information form to Dianne Griffiths (email@example.com). All application materials were due by November 4, 2016.
2. After the team reviewed application materials, finalists were selected.
3. Finalists participated in Candidate Assessment Day, which included in-depth experiential exercises. You can learn more about Candidate Assessment Day by watching a video at this link.
4. After prospective candidates interviewed, the NCLA Project Team reviewed all materials.
5. The NCLA Project Team consulted with district leadership/superintendent and offered admission to top candidates.