DPLA Application Process
DPLA held an information session on September 15th, 2016.
Admission applications are due to the NC State University Graduate School on November 4, 2016.
In addition to the online application, DPLA will hold a mandatory Candidate Assessment Day on November 12, 2016.
Admission decisions will be made in early December. Students begin the degree program in January 2017 and will graduate in Summer 2018.
Applicants must also complete the residency form as part of the regular NCSU graduate school application. To learn about the selection process, please read the steps below.
DPLA Application Steps
(November 4, 2016 Deadline for materials, mandatory Candidate Assessment Day is November 12)
1. Complete the NC State University graduate school application, background screening, and reference check. Click here for the NC State Graduate School Online Application. Applicants will also need to complete the DPLA Admission Packet and submit the DPLA Background Information form to Dianne Griffiths. All application materials are due by November 4, 2016.
2. After the team reviews application materials, finalists will be selected.
3. Finalists participate in Candidate Assessment Day on November 12th, which will include in-depth experiential exercises. You can learn more about Candidate Assessment Day by watching a video at this link.
4. After prospective candidates interview, the DPLA Project Team will review all materials.
5. DPLA Project Team will consult with district leadership/superintendent and offer admission to top candidates.