How We’re Preparing Exceptional Principals
Click to learn more about how NC State’s College of Education is preparing principals to serve throughout the state of North Carolina.
NELA was one of two Principal Preparation Programs Featured for its Innovative Program in a Recent Publication by the Hunt Institute.
NC State University’s Educational Leadership Academy (NELA) seeks to increase student achievement by preparing and retaining principals in high-poverty, hard-to-staff, and historically low-performing schools. NELA creates a comprehensive leadership development and succession plan for NC high-need school districts. Each component is anchored in research-based best practices in leadership preparation and is designed to meet the specific contextualized needs of schools in North Carolina.
“Northeast Leadership Academy Prepares Committed Principals”
Read more about how “NC State’s Northeast Leadership Academy (NELA) takes a radically different approach […]
NELA Cohort IV Graduate, Donnell Cannon, was the final keynote speaker to the NC State Board of Education.
Cannon emphasized equity as the guide towards closing the gap between high performing schools and […]
“NC State Wins APLU National Economic Engagement Award”
“NC State highlighted three programs playing a part in this approach:” including the Northeast Leadership […]
90% of schools with a NELA graduate serving as principal met or exceeded growth for the 2018 – 2019 school year vs. only 75% of principals across all schools in the state reaching the same level of performance.
Our educational leadership programs include:
- The Northeast Leadership Academy: NELA Cohorts I – III
- The Northeast Leadership Academy 2.0: NELA 2.0 Cohorts IV and VI & Principal Academy
- The Northeast Leadership Academy – District and School Transformation: NELA-DST Cohort V
- The Durham Principal Leadership Academy: DPLA Cohort
- The North Carolina Leadership Academy: NCLA Cohort
- Wallace Principal Preparation Redesign
- Johnston Principal Leadership Academy: JPLA Cohort – Current Fellows
- Wake Principal Leadership Program: WPLP Cohort – Current Fellows
- The NCSU Cohort – Current Fellows
- NC State Leadership Academy: NCLA – Current Fellows
- NC State Principal Fellows Class 26 – Current Fellows