NC State University’s Educational Leadership Academies seek to increase student achievement by preparing and retaining principals in high-poverty, hard-to-staff, and historically low-performing schools. The Leadership Academies create a comprehensive leadership development and succession plan for NC high-need school districts. Each component is anchored in research-based best practices in leadership preparation and is designed to meet the specific contextualized needs of schools in North Carolina.
Our educational leadership programs include:
- The Northeast Leadership Academy: NELA Cohorts I – III
- The Northeast Leadership Academy 2.0: NELA 2.0 Cohorts IV and VI & Principal Academy
- The Northeast Leadership Academy – District and School Transformation: NELA-DST Cohort V
- The Durham Principal Leadership Academy: DPLA Cohort
- The North Carolina Leadership Academy: NCLA Cohort
- Wallace Principal Preparation Redesign
- Johnston Principal Leadership Academy: JPLA Cohort – Current Fellows
- Wake Principal Leadership Program: WPLP Cohort – Current Fellows
- The NCSU Cohort – Current Fellows
83% of NELA first year principals met or exceeded growth in high-need, Title I schools vs. only 75% of experienced principals across all schools in the state reaching the same level of performance in 2014-2015.
Meet the Wake Principal Leadership Program!
The award winning, evidenced-based Northeast Leadership Academy is expanding. One of its newest iterations will […]
Meet the NCSU Cohort!
Excellent schools have excellent leaders and NC State continues to prepare those school leaders. NC […]
Meet the Johnston Principal Leadership Academy!
NC State continues to work to prepare excellent leaders to serve in North Carolina’s schools. […]