NCSU Cohort Application Process
Applications for the 2018 NCSU Cohort were due on January 15th, 2018. The NCSU Cohort is no longer accepting applications. The only cohort accepting applications for the 2019-2020 school year is NC State’s Principal Fellows Cohort. For more information about NC State’s Principal Fellows Program, visit the NC State Principal Fellows Homepage.
The following information is an overview of the NCSU Cohort’s application process for the current 2018-2020 cohort.
To apply for the NCSU Cohort applicants needed to provide:
- Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts from each college you attended (except NC State).
- Three Letters of Reference: One letter must be from your current supervisor. The application system will send an email to your references asking them to electronically submit their reference.
- Professional Resume: Please be detailed and include information on your teaching assignments (grades and subjects), current work assignment (location), and include current supervisor name and contact information (address, phone, and email).
- Statement of Purpose of Biographical Statement: Describe your career goals and research interests, as well as your publications, work experience, and academic honors and organizations. You may also include an optional statement of the key learning objectives you hope to achieve in your studies, your achievements, talents, background experiences, and traits that will contribute to the enrichment or diversity of the University or community, beyond your academic credentials.
- Philosophical Statement or Educational Platform Writing Sample: In an essay, describe your educational philosophy, please include your view of the purpose of schooling, the key ingredients of an adequate education for all students, and how educational leaders should be viewed by students, teachers, and parents.
- NCSU Graduate School Online Application: Visit https://grad.ncsu.edu/apply/. and complete the online application. You will need to complete the required NC Residency Form in the application system and pay the $75 Application Fee.
- NCSU Cohort Information Survey: Please complete this online information survey. You will need to complete it during one session because the link will only work once on your computer. The survey will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
- NCSU Cohor Background Information: Please print and complete this Background Information form and return it as soon as possible by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (919-515-8950), or mail to Ms. Dianne Griffiths. If you opt to mail the form to Ms. Dianne, use this address:
- Dianne Griffiths, North Carolina Leadership Academy, NC Sate University College of Education, Campus Box 7801, 608P Poe Hall, Raleigh, NC 27695-7801
- [OPTIONAL] Official GRE or MAT Scores: You may submit official score reports from either the Miller’s Analogy Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the past 5 years.
- [OPTIONAL] Apply for a Scholarship: If you are interested in being considered for a scholarship, please complete these scholarship application materials.
NCSU Cohort Commitment Agreement