North Carolina Leadership Academy (NCLA) Application Process
The 2018 NCLA program will be a Master of School Administration program modeled after NC State’s Educational Leadership Academies, including the Northeast Leadership Academy, The Durham Principal Leadership Academy, and the 2016-2017 North Carolina Leadership Academy. Courses for the 2018 NCLA Cohort will be held in Durham. Applications for the 2018 NCLA Cohort were due on January 15th.NCLA Application Packet
NCLA Commitment Agreement
To apply for the NC State’s NCLA program applicants needed to provide:
- Transcripts: Unofficial transcripts from each college you attended (except NC State).
- Three Letters of Reference: One letter must be from your current supervisor. The application system will send an email to your references asking them to electronically submit their reference.
- Professional Resume: Please be detailed and include information on your teaching assignments (grades and subjects), current work assignment (location), and include current supervisor name and contact information (address, phone, and email).
- Statement of Purpose of Biographical Statement: Describe your career goals and research interests, as well as your publications, work experience, and academic honors and organizations. You may also include an optional statement of the key learning objectives you hope to achieve in your studies, your achievements, talents, background experiences, and traits that will contribute to the enrichment or diversity of the University or community, beyond your academic credentials.
- Philosophical Statement or Educational Platform Writing Sample: In an essay, describe your educational philosophy, please include your view of the purpose of schooling, the key ingredients of an adequate education for all students, and how educational leaders should be viewed by students, teachers, and parents.
- NCSU Graduate School Online Application: Visit https://grad.ncsu.edu/apply/. and complete the online application. You will need to complete the required NC Residency Form in the application system and pay the $75 Application Fee.
- NCLA Information Survey: Please complete this online information survey. You will need to complete it during one session because the link will only work once on your computer. The survey will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
- NCLA Background Information: Please print and complete this Background Information form and return it as soon as possible by email (email@example.com), fax (919-515-8950), or mail to Ms. Dianne Griffiths. If you opt to mail the form to Ms. Dianne, use this address:
- Dianne Griffiths, North Carolina Leadership Academy, NC Sate University College of Education, Campus Box 7801, 608P Poe Hall, Raleigh, NC 27695-7801
- [OPTIONAL] Official GRE or MAT Scores: You may submit official score reports from either the Miller’s Analogy Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the past 5 years.
- [OPTIONAL] Apply for a Scholarship: If you are interested in being considered for a scholarship, please complete these scholarship application materials.