Assessment of Fellows
Evaluation of NELA Fellows
The evaluation of the NELA Fellow is multifaceted including:
1. Course-by-course evaluations
2. Fellow self assessment of state standards and competencies (end of each semester)
3. Executive Coaches assessment of Fellows on state standards and competencies (three times during principal residency year)
4. Principal Mentor assessment of Fellows on state standards and competencies (two times during principal residency year)
5. Project Director’s assessment of Fellows on state standards and competencies (end of each semester)
Each Fellow has an electronic portfolio that provides documentation of each of these facets. Additionally, the portfolio contains evidences or artifacts for each standard.
Rigorous Program Selection: Candidate Assessment Day
Please view the video below to learn about our Candidate Assessment Day for NELA’s Cohort V.
Formative Assessment Day
NELA conducts Formative Assessment Days with Fellows. Fellows participate in scenarios they may face as a school administrator. They are evaluated by NCSU faculty and the NELA project team and are given feedback. Fellows reflect on Formative Assessment Day and submit reflection videos. View the agenda from Cohort III’s Formative Assessment Day and a sample Cohort IV Fellow reflection video below.
Fellows’ Digital Portfolios
Each fellow creates a digital portfolio with information about assessments and self-assessments.
View Samples of Past Fellows’ Digital Portfolios